Event Specialist Manager, Program Management
Program Management team members are responsible for planning and overseeing programs to ensure they are completed in a timely fashion and within contracted scope and budget. They plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress, and keep internal and external stakeholders informed the entire way. The Event Specialist Manager oversees a small team dedicated to servicing programs with enhanced event offerings (décor, interactive elements, entertainment, teambuilding, etc.).
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a small team of Event Coordinators
- Work as a supervisor under the supervision of a senior manager
- Supervise, advise, and mentor Event Coordinators
- Assign projects to Event Coordinators
- Develop, implement, and enforce processes
- Develop and maintain internal resources
- Support the Event Sales Team during the Proposal Phase, following established processes.
- Research options for potential events
- Gather costs and negotiate rates
- Attend client meetings
- Develop and format proposals and agreements
- Lead the coordination phase for assigned projects, following established processes.
- Serve as the lead event representative to clients, the Sales Manager, and other team members
- Serve as the lead event representative to vendors, venues, and other parties
- Manage financial communication for assigned projects
- Design and draft event layouts, internal show schedules, vendor agreements, and other event resources
- Arrange and lead site visits at event venues
- Book travel for team members
- Shop for/order event supplies and organize event materials
- Lead the on-site management phase for assigned projects, following established processes.
- Serve as project lead on site for clients, staff, vendors, and venues
- Lead and direct on site staff, crew, and vendors
- Assist physically with setups and teardowns
- Manage events in progress and trouble-shoot when necessary
- Lead the post-event follow-up phase of assigned projects, following established processes.
- Update internal resources regarding service offerings, inventory, vendors, and venues
- Finalize financial details of projects with accounting team
Minimum qualifications include:
- Excel in written and verbal communication (English is the primary language).
- Exhibit strong computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Provide excellent customer service via email, the phone, in virtual meetings, and in-person.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Multi-task efficiently while maintaining big-picture thinking.
- Work independently to come up with viable solutions.
- Work successfully with many different types of personalities.
- Work well with a team – both as the lead and in a support role.
- Take direction from multiple managers or team members, as well as having a good understanding of with whom to advise/consult in the event of conflicting instruction.
- Possess strong leadership skills and an outgoing personality.
- Manage stress successfully: adapt to change, trouble-shoot, and make decisions while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Ability to maintain a cheerful and positive attitude.
- Maintain a presentable appearance as many work functions are performed in or adjacent to a corporate atmosphere.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, based on project needs.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Degree in Hospitality, Tourism, Event Management, Marketing, Public Relations, or related.
- 3-years meeting or event planning experience.
- Management of employees or a team
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.